This data protection policy sets out FRENCH TECH Berlin UG's practices regarding the protection of personal data that may be collected on its website.
The purpose of processing personal data
Your personal data will only be collected and processed if the collect is necessary for the performance of the services offered by FRENCH TECH Berlin. We do not collect data for advertising purposes via this website. The legal basis for the collection of data from non-members is consent in accordance with Article 6(1)(a) of the DSGVO and, for enquiries from members and event registration, the contractual relationship in accordance with Article 6(1)(b) of the DSGVO.
However, your consent is not required when data is collected under a legal act and/or for the performance of a task in the public interest or by public authority.
Recipients of enquiries may be members, members or employees of members, participants, speakers, institutions visited and interested parties.
Your personal data is collected:
- When you fill in the form and for any use, you make use of the site services.
- When you visit the website through the use of commonly used information gathering tools, such as cookies.
- When you communicate with us within the framework of an event and transmit us your data.
The data that may be collected and processed by FRENCH TECH Berlin for the purposes described above concern:
- Identification data (surname, first name, e-mail, telephone number, company, position, copy of identity card if applicable, for the purpose of proving the exercise of a right of access, rectification or opposition or to meet a legal obligation);
- Data relating to the follow-up of our commercial relationship (information, documentation);
- Connection and cookie data (IP addresses, connection logs);
Films and photographs may be taken during events organised by FRENCH TECH Berlin. These photographs and films may be used free of charge. FRENCH TECH Berlin UG is entitled to store, reproduce and make available to the public, especially on the internet, LinkedIn and websites, photos taken during its events. Individuals have the opportunity to object to the taking of photographs of themselves
Your data may be collected by FRENCH TECH Berlin for explicit, legitimate and specific purposes in order:
- To ensure the proper functioning and optimization of the Site and its features;
- To administer the contact requests and the directory of FRENCH TECH Berlin members;
- To publish posts dedicated to users;
The personal data collected by FRENCH TECH Berlin is intended for FRENCH TECH Berlin only and will not be given, transferred or sold to third parties.
Duration of storage of personal data
FRENCH TECH Berlin will store your personal data for the duration of our relationship and collaboration and for a period of 3 years after you unsubscribe. The period of data retention may be extended in cases provided for by European or national legislation, by European regulations and/or by German laws or any other legal or regulatory provisions to which the data controller is subject.
The user's rights regarding his personal data
In accordance with the law, you have the right :
- To revoke your consent at any time in accordance with Article 7 paragraph 3 of the GDPR. As a result, we cannot continue processing data on the basis of this consent in the future;
- To request information about your personal data collected by us in accordance with Article 15 GDPR. In particular, you may request information on the purposes of the processing, the category of personal data, the categories of recipients to whom your data has been or will be disclosed, the intended storage period, the existence of a right of rectification, destruction, restriction of processing or objection, the existence of a right of complaint, the origin of your data, unless it has not been disclosed to us, as well as the existence of automated decision-making, including profiling and, where applicable, relevant information about such data;
- To request the immediate rectification of your data in accordance with Article 16 GDPR if it is incorrect or incomplete;
- To demand the destruction of your personal data stored by us in accordance with Article 17 GDPR, unless the processing is necessary for the exercise of the right to freedom of expression and information, for the fulfillment of a legal obligation, for the public interest or for the assertion, exercise or defense of legal claims;
- To request the restriction of the processing of your personal data in accordance with Article 18 GDPR if you contest the accuracy of the data, if the processing is unlawful but you refuse its deletion and we no longer need it, but you need it to assert, exercise or defend your rights or you have objected to the processing in accordance with Article 21 GDPR;
- To receive the personal data you have provided to us in a structured, common and machine-readable format or to request their transfer to another responsible person in accordance with Article 20 GDPR;
- To file a complaint with a supervisory authority in accordance with Article 77 GDPR. As a general rule, you can contact the supervisory authority at your usual place of residence or work or at our office.
You can exercise these rights by sending an email to ___, or by sending a letter to ____ with your contact details (surname, first name, address and a copy of a signed identity document) and a legitimate reason where this is required by law (in particular in the case of opposition to processing).
If you no longer wish to receive notifications from FRENCH TECH Berlin, you can also request this at the above addresses.
Cookie are small text files stored by the web browser on your hard disk or the device with which you visit the site and which are used to record information about your visit to the site or about your journey through the site. They do not contain any personal data. In particular, they are used to memorise your identifiers on the FRENCH TECH Berlin website or to remember your preferences, to provide the Publisher and its partners with information for statistical or advertising purposes.
- Enable the proper functioning of the site, for example by allowing users to retrieve information when they log back into the FRENCH TECH Berlin site.
- Fight fraud by monitoring the user's login status.
- To measure and analyse the activity on the website and the use of the services provided on the website. This analysis helps FRENCH TECH Berlin to improve its services, based on parameters such as the number of users visiting or using the services, the pages visited, whether visitors are new or repeat visitors, the features and content of the services that most interest visitors and the way in which the services function from a technical perspective. Only non-personally identifiable data may be passed on to third parties.
- To store information in order to provide the user with personalised advertising tailored to their interests.
The information stored to identify you for statistical purposes is not retained beyond a period of six (6) months. After this period, the raw traffic data associated with an identifier is either deleted or anonymised.
To find out more about tools for controlling cookies, you can visit the following websites:
Each browser has a different configuration for managing cookies. This is described in the browser's help menu, which will show you how to change your cookie preferences:
- For Internet Explorer™ : https://support.microsoft.com/fr-fr/windows/supprimer-et-g%C3%A9rer-les-cookies-168dab11-0753-043d-7c16-ede5947fc64d
- For Safari™ : https://support.apple.com/fr-fr/guide/safari/sfri11471/mac
- For Chrome™ : https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=fr&hlrm=en
- For Firefox™ : https://support.mozilla.org/fr/kb/protection-renforcee-contre-pistage-firefox-ordinateur?redirectlocale=fr&redirectslug=activer-desactiver-cookies-preferences
- For Opera™ : https://www.accepterlescookies.com/comment-accepter-les-cookies-sur-opera.html
If you do not wish to be tracked by Google Analytics while browsing the web, you can configure your settings according to the instructions available on this site: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=fr.